quinta-feira, 17 de outubro de 2013

Too many thoughts


"Too many thoughts" - self-portrait
October 2013


Hello everyone !

Yes, I'm still alive (otherwise I wouldn't be able to type, but anyway), just to say that I'm well and very inspired to create some new images. 
_____________

A little story about me, photography and being on the other side of the lenses:

I am that person who is always figuring out ways to escape the dreadful moment of "group shots", or escaping from anyone who has a camera on their hands. Little did I know that photography would become such a big/important part of my life. I've met some great people through photography and some not so great, unfortunately. Yes, I photograph because is something I love doing, and often I don't charge a penny, in fact I will spend money out of my own pocket to make something happen and that would be okay if I was a professional or if I was working with professional models, makeup artists and stylists.

It is often that I feel people do not respect my work enough, I don't need a trophy or a pedestal but a thank you and a "I do not change your photos but instead I will respect your work enough to "pay" you for all your work" would be quite nice. This was the main reason I decided to shoot self-portraits because as I wrote on facebook - " I am not the best model, by far, but I am the person who respects my work the most!", despite being so camera shy.

"People will not respect you if you don't respect yourself."

- Hope you like it !




Sem comentários :

Enviar um comentário