terça-feira, 8 de outubro de 2013

Underrated: Portuguese Photographers I love

It's not unusual to flick through magazine pages and admire the work of well known photographers, although for me it's much more inspiring to be up do date with what the young photographers are doing. I have many international creatives that I love and follow, but this post today is about Portuguese photographers that I've found on facebook/twitter/blogs and other social media channels. 

They are young, talented, they have something unique about their style and are underrated, in my opinion. 

Enjoy !

Jessica Silva 

© Jessica Silva

Some of you may already know her from Miss Tangerine blog since she collaborates often with portuguese bloggers. Despite all of that, Jessica Silva surely deserves some credit. Her style of photography is exactly what I love, fashion photography that it's not too "posey" or studied, but instead, relaxed and laid-back with a twist.
She also has a blog - a very good one, by the way - where she shows her work and the work that inspires her.
I think I liked her work and blog so much because I can relate to her, as far as I am concerned and from what I read, photography is not her full-time job but something that she's really passionate about.

- Jessica Silva's Facebook Page and Blog


João Mendes 

©João Mendes

Another photographer that I've found on Facebook (thank god for social media!) and all  because of a comment he wrote on my page - a super sweet one! I then visited his page and was amazed by his work. In my opinion he excels when he plays with light/shadow and with black and white. I am usually a big fan of people who are very passionate about what they do but are just starting - João Mendes is definitely one of those people!

- João Mendes's Facebook Page

Ricardo Pedro


©Ricardo Pedro

Altough Ricardo photographs fashion related subjects as well, what really caught my eye were his self-portraits ! The picture above - is one of my favourites. I would describe him as a great conceptual/surreal photographer who has potential to be even more amazing in the future, reminds me of Rosie Hardy, Brooke Shaden and ones alike (when they started).

- Ricardo Pedro's Facebook Page


And last but not least...

Madalena Tavares























©Madalena Tavares

I can't remember the first time I laid my eyes on Madalena Tavares's work but since that day I am always checking her page to see if there's something new. She photographs "normal" people with such elegance, style and in a very honest way, I think. Her photos have the Madalena Tavares's colours - as I called them - it's such a distinctive colour palette, so warm and summery. She also seems a very discrete and humble person, so what's not to love?

- Madalena Tavares's Facebook Page

Sem comentários :

Enviar um comentário